On Wed,  5 Dec 2001 13:57, Greg Sidelinger wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting an update query to work
>
> Here is what I'm doing
>
> $result = mysql_query("update table set value1='$value1',
> value2='$value2' where id='$id'");
>
> It is not updating the database.  All the $vars have values and I'm
> using the correct columns names.  Could someone please point me in the
> correct direction because I have been trying different things for a
> while but can't seem to get it to work.
>
> Greg

Note that you do not put single quotes around the values you assign to
non-char type fields.

It is useful to use mysql_error() after a call to the db where you
encounter problems.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   "What's the value of a dollar bill?" asked Tom noteworthily.