On Wednesday 05 December 2001 02:05 pm, you wrote:
> Your thoughts appreciated!

Check out The Exchange Project.

http://www.theexchangeproject.org/

I've been using it for a few months now.  My biggest complaint is there
doesn't seem to be a clear sense of direction in the development process.
Development happens, but there's no set milestones that people are marching
towards.  (at least, not that are published or discussed)   Also, the
documentation is *severely* lacking.

However, the product itself is fairly feature-rich and is robust enough to
use for a live shop.  If you're comfortable with PHP, it might be a great
fit.

If you do decide to go with it, my suggestion is to ignore the current
release (PR2.1) and go with one of the PR2.2 snapshots.  Many people are
using the snapshots for live shops with good results and there are a lot of
features in the 2.2 version that are important for an e-commerce shop, IMO.

hth

--kurt