I am using an approach similar to this:

$language_file = 'english';

include 'dir/to/languages/'.$language_file.'.inc.php';

on english.inc.php

<?php
// Errors section:
$lang['errors']['form']['empty_password'] = 'Please fill the password';

// Miscellanious section:
$lang['misc']['on_line_users'] = 'Number of online users: ';
?>

  Than you just go echoing the array elements where you want the text to
appear. It does require a little bit more of typing but the languages files
get a more clear and structured arrange, making easier to add new
words/phrases and helps people that will translate.

--

Julio Nobrega

Don't eat the yellow snow.

"Alexander Skwar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
Hi!

I've got to develop a multilingual application.

What's the best approach to have the app multilingual?  Should I use
gettext, or are there any better ways to do this?

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
>>               Wohnung in Gelsenkirchen und Umgebung gesucht!
<<

        iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 1 day 21 hours 33 minutes