$result = mysql_query("select NAME,ATTEMPTS,COMPLETIONS,YARDS,TD,INT
from players where pos = 'QB'");
// or whatever it takes to get just qb's
while ($data = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
    foreach ($data as $key => $value) {
        // I've noticed that $data stores numeric and text keys, this
filters the numeric ones
        if (!is_numeric($key)) {
            $quarterbacks[$name][$key] = $value;

That's how I'd do it.. a little extra work, but it keeps only the data
you want on hand.

It's also a good idea to store the name so you can reference later if
you want to spew forth all the qbs..

Mike