What would be an easy what to format a date value into month day year??
I want to specially display a date stored in mysql in date format
YYYY-MM-DD

The manual says: string date (string format, int [timestamp])

I tried $FormattedDate = date("F y, Y",${StoredDate})

1999-04-15 spit out December 31, 1969 when I had hoped for April 15,
1999.

Apparently YYYY-MM-DD is not a valid timestamp... i tried mysql formats
of timestamp(8) and timestamp(14) and that didn't work either