From: "Carolyn Mescan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 5:40 PM
Subject: [PHP-INST] Undefined Variable Warnings & Mail Settings

PHP List,

I am a new PHP user and have just installed it on a Windows NT IIS Server. I have set
the configuration variable display_errors =
Off in the php.ini file but am still getting many of the errors shown below on the
webpage generated by the discussion board
application I am using PHP for which is called UBBThreads. Can anyone tell me why
these are still showing up, and why do they exist
at all???

My second question is how to set the configuration in the php.ini file so the board
can send mail. Here are the settings that are in
the php.ini file now:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.louisville.edu

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: 'sendmail -t -i').
;sendmail_path =

Thanks for any help.

Carolyn

Sample of undefined constant/variable errors:

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant viewmessage - assumed 'viewmessage' in
E:\inetpub\cbpa.louisville.edu\wwwroot\discussions\languages\english\online.php on
line 55 PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant
viewpoll - assumed 'viewpoll' in
E:\inetpub\cbpa.louisville.edu\wwwroot\discussions\languages\english\online.php on
line 56 PHP
Warning: Use of undefined constant ubbthreads - assumed 'ubbthreads' in
E:\inetpub\cbpa.louisville.edu\wwwroot\discussions\languages\english\online.php on
line 57 PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant
all_admin - assumed 'all_admin' in
E:\inetpub\cbpa.louisville.edu\wwwroot\discussions\languages\english\online.php on
line 58 PHP
Warning: Use of undefined constant ONLINE_HEAD - assumed 'ONLINE_HEAD' in
E:\inetpub\cbpa.louisville.edu\wwwroot\discussions\languages\english\online.php on
line 59 PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant
ONLINE_BODY - assumed 'ONLINE_BODY' in
E:\inetpub\cbpa.louisville.edu\wwwroot\discussions\languages\english\online.php on
line 60