At 20:48 12/12/2001, Eöl wrote:
>The php readme / changelog noted that they worked with
>m$ and have made great improvements in the speed of
>php on windows.  Now I find this to be a very generic
>explanation and not very helpful.

Well, maybe you should stick with 4.0.6 then?
Seriously, I rarely 'attack' users like that, but if there's one way to
show as little gratitude as possible, it's that.

>Does this mean:
>
>a) Its efficiency and speed was improved on running on
>WINDOWS?
>
>OR
>
>b) Its efficiency and speed was improved on running on
>IIS?

I'll continue my somewhat cynical response and ask you - what's not clear
about the message?  Did it mention IIS?  It's quite clear.  It mentions
Windows, it doesn't mention IIS.  Therefore, it refers to Windows in
general, and not IIS in particular.

Zeev