Alok K. Dhir wrote:

> Also, I saw the faults with little to no load on the server.  I.e. just
> me banging on it.  The faults are seemingly random, although I was able
> to duplicate failing test cases with some consistency.
>
> More on this in a day or two.

Unless you provide meaningfull backtrace, it's impossible to fix.
Anyway, don't try running httpd under gdb without -X....

Read the following link for getting backtrace.
You may already know, but your server admin set
limit on your machine.

http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php

--
Yasuo Ohgaki