Hello,

David H wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to findout what is wrong with this script
> can anyone help?
>
> $dbconn = pg_connect ("cnnection string")
>
>   or die ( "Error: ".pg_errormessage
> ($dbconn)) ;
>
>         pg_exec ($dbconn, "begin") ;
>         $oid = pg_locreate ($dbconn) ;
>         $fd = pg_loopen ($dbconn, $oid, "w") ;
>         pg_lowrite ( $fd, $img ) ;
>         pg_loclose ( $fd ) ;
>         $strqry = "INSERT INTO tblImg ( myname, mytype,
> myimg, myfilesize ) VALUES ( '$img_name', '$img_type',
> '$oid', $img_size )";
>         $result = pg_exec ( $dbconn, $strqry ) ;
>         pg_exec ($dbconn, "commit") ;
>         pg_exec ($dbconn, "end") ;
>
> The output that I am getting is this
>
> /tmp/phpQPUyx2
>
> by pg_loreadall function.

Similarly, you need to do pg_loopen on a OID returned by a select query.

Anyway, if you want to try something that works with easier to
understand interface, maybe you would like to try Metabase which is a
database abstraction PHP package that provides a single and portable
interface to BLOBs that supports PostgreSQL among many other databases.

Metabase is free and you may download it from here:

http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/browse.html/package/20

Regards,
Manuel Lemos