a quick and inelegant hack
4.1 includes an array that has all of the data sent to the script...(or use
the different ones like $_GET etc if need be) then write a globalize function
that extracts the vars and declares them global...then use this snippet in an
auto_prepend file to magically register the vars....
there's probably a much easier way, including asking your hosting provider to
change one little config var...

jack