man that is nasty, but imho because of the constant in and out of php

echo "
<a
href='$PHP_SELF?reports.php?userid=$userid&date_start=$date_start&date_end=$
date_end&order_by=trans_per_req%20desc&groupby=$groupby&type=other&daterange
=$daterange'>link </a>
";

I came across this same problem, I hate the long urls, their ugly, so I
wrote a simple session class to carry my prefs across a page.

carry_class.egn

http://www.mediawaveonline.com/examples/

 $carry->add('position');
 $carry->add('order_by');
 $carry->add('order_by_dir');
 $carry->add('search');
 $carry->add('search_keyword');
 $carry->add('search_category');

 echo "
address</a>

 ";

--

  Chris Lee
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"J. Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> I'm trying to update a report generator I have, using php and mysql.
> The setup is essentially listing employees and production data.
>
> What I did when I created it was for the column headers, made them links
> to requery the database..sample link follows (inside an anchor tag):
> "reports.php?userid=<?php echo $userid; ?>&date_start=<?php echo
> $date_start; ?>&date_end=<?php echo $date_end;
> ?>&orderby=trans_per_req%20desc&groupby=<?php echo $groupby;
> ?>&type=other&daterange=<?php echo $daterange; ?>"
>
> As you can see that is very ugly, and inefficient.
>
> I was thinking that one way to get around passing so many parameters was
> after the initial query, have that inserted into a temporary table.  Then
> all that would need to be passed with the query string would be an ORDER
BY