AOL UK say their ADSL service isnt good for hosting because it is
asymmetrical: you can download data faster than you can send it out which is
fine for surfing the net but not so useful for running a server.(I just
think AOL dont want people hosting servers using their service though!)
We have a PHP webserver at school: It doesnt get heavy useage but we run
VNC, a chat server, ftp server, MySQL and Apache/PHP on Win98 and dont have
any problems with performance!!!!!