While I understand your frustration, and agree with your pre-judgement, I
fail to understand why you would read, let along complain about,
something that clearly says

"PLEASE IGNORE".

It's like touching a wall that's marked "Wet Paint", then complain when
your hands get dirty. This is something that could, and should have
been avoided. The time you took reading, and replying to, this message
could've been spent on something else.

I've been subscribed to this list for over two years, and never have I
done anything that (I thought) would be abusive to other users.
I hardly think three test messages, over a period of two+ years, is
abusive. It's apparent that I was having issues with the lists.
I resolved to that method (of testing), because I felt it was necessary.

I knew it would be a little unneasy, and that's why I
specifically asked users to 'ignore' the message. Your frustration
could've been avoided by simply following instructions.

Nevertheless,

I do apologize for the trouble this test caused (if any). I know it wasn't
the most convenient method, but it was a matter of bad solution vs worst
solution. I've done everything (including unsubscribe/re-subscribe, and
use ezlm command queries) before sending that test message.

FYI
(for those who care)
I recently started having problems with the list. I was receiving
messages, but could not send them.

When I checked the ezlm admin commands ([EMAIL PROTECTED]),
it said my address was NOT subscribed.
Long story short...my server admin changed the server name (added an extra
name to the domain), so the list saw the new name as a new address. Old
addresses were translated here (on my server), but not in the list.

-john