I am running IIS 5.0 Windows 2000 Server.  Changes made to the ini take effect
immediately.  So it seems that php in Windows and IIS reloads the ini every time a
page is requested?

Charles Killmer

From: "Joe Webster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:46:32 -0500

no you need to restart apache to change an in setting. So it loads the
settings once per server start (at least with apache).

"Charlesk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Does PHP parse the ini file every time a file is requested?  I am trying
to track down a problem on various pages where the timelimit will expire.
These are not complex pages and when I go to them they work fine.
> I have used the same browser that the user eses when the timeout occurs.
Nothing strange for me.
> I have looked at the line that the error log specifies and it is just
random lines.  sometimes it is a '}'.  As if the script just ran out of time
on that line.  BTW '}' is the closing of an if statement so it isnt stuck in
a loop.  And when I go to the page I make sure to use the same querystring
that the user sent.