With all the wonderful String functions in PHP, I haven't been able to find
a str_compress().  Is there such an animal?  Let's say I have a string like
this:

$myString = First_word  <30 spaces> second_word <10 spaces> etc...

I need to do one of two things.  Either compress the multiple spaces to one
and then use explode to break the string on a single space, or can someone
explain another way to break $myString into  only those pieces that contain
usable text w/o spaces?

Thanks!

--
Gaylen