* Gaylen Fraley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [Jan 05. 2002 00:27]:

> Just for curiosity, can HTTP Authentication be disabled in any other way, if
> PHP is installed as a module?  In other words, is there any other reason why
> the authentication might not work (under *nix), not IIS?

If this is Apache, HTTP Auth probably wouldn't be there if the server
doesn't use mod_auth, but on a default Apache install, it's going to be
there.. I couldn't imagine someone removing it purposely.

If you have shell access to the server you can do this to see if it's
available:

/path/to/httpd -l | grep mod_auth

--
Brian Clark | Avoiding the general public since 1805!
Fingerprint: 07CE FA37 8DF6 A109 8119 076B B5A2 E5FB E4D0 C7C8