I have an application where the user can upload a file on a folder.
Then my application must read how many data this user have available.
I store in an interbase database the limit of his capacity.
It all works fine, but with some archives i receive an error:

Warning: stat failed for the_uploaded_archive.ext (errno=2 - No such
file or directory) in c:\the\path\of\my\application\my\script.php on
line 19.

I use a recursive function to see the size of the files stored.
This is my function:

function foldersize($mydir){
  global $ID_USER,$connection,$size,$subdir;
  $sql="SELECT SIZE FROM USERS WHERE ID_USER=$ID_USER";
  $query=ibase_query($connection,$sql) or die ("Invalid query");
  $mysize=ibase_fetch_object($query);
  if(!isset($subdir)){
    chdir("../files/$mydir");
  }else{
    chdir("$mydir");
  }
  $handle=opendir(".");
  while($file=readdir($handle)){
    if($file!="." and $file!=".."){
      if(!is_dir($file)){
        $size=$size+filesize($file);
      }else{
        $subdir="yes";
        $size=$size+foldersize("$file");
  closedir($handle);
  clearstatcache();
  return $mysize->SIZE-round($size/(1024*1024));
}

Does anybody know this error?

Antonio Vicente Maturana