You should probably consider ASP.NET. Visual Studio .NET is out in early Feb
and ASP.NET makes an enormous leap in functionality. It should almost be
considered a new web development environment.
It allows development in any CLR compliant language (straight VB.NET, C#,
managed C++ etc..)
It cleanly separates UI and program logic
Has better OO implementation than PHP
Has easier web design (web forms)
Has embedded state managment (run at server tags for form fields)
Allows for easily extending and creating .NET complient form controls

For me the biggest attraction is the ability to use and mix and match any
CLR compliant language. You can now develop a windows client app and as long
as you cleanly separate the business layer from the UI layer you can re-use
the same business layer in your web apps. Indeed MS are currently working on
the Universal Canvas, which 'may' lead to re-usable windows/web UIs.

Big downside? Has to run on MS platform.