Hi Erik,

> Thanks for the advice (and especially the explanation!) -- I note that
> you chose the Perl regexp engine rather than the "e" regexp engine
> (POSIX?).  Quite a few people recommended O'Reilly's "Mastering Regular
> Expressions" over the weekend.  Does anyone know if it covers the Perl
> syntax*?  This seems like a good book to learn more.

The book (though going into examples using perl mainly) gives you a general
grounding in regular expressions - I learned php before perl, and
javascript, though the book has equipped me equally well for all three.  I
love it, and would recommend it for anyyone who's even vaguely interested in
regexes.

James