On Saturday 19 January 2002 14:45, K.Tomono wrote:
> Yes, I think too, it's better way to use an array rather than a dynamic
>  name of the variable.
>
> I thought that the first question means how to use a dynamic variable.
>
> By the way,
>
> > little array propaganda, jic  :)  Arrays work great in forms too!
> >
> >   http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.html.php#AEN73718
>
> Does this technique work fine on the version 3.0.14 later to 3.0.18
>  of PHP? (Not PHP4)
>
> I tried an array in forms simply like below in the other day,
>  but this didn't work fine...
>
> ( for the checkboxes )
> <INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="MYCHK" VALUE="A">
> <INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="MYCHK" VALUE="B">
>
> Unfortunately, I had thought that it could be got as an array,
>  but variable $MYCHK is overwritten by the last value "B" always.

I don't know whether the following works for PHP3, but for PHP4 you would use:

  <INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="MYCHK[A]" VALUE="A">
  <INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="MYCHK[B]" VALUE="B">

You could even use multi-dimensional arrays:

  <INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="MYFORM[CHECKBOX][A]" VALUE="A">

You would reference this as $MYFORM['CHECKBOX']['A'] in your php code.

hth

/*
If a subordinate asks you a pertinent question, look at him as if he had
lost his senses.  When he looks down, paraphrase the question back at him.
*/