Well, I was having problems getting sessions working at all on my FreeBSD
box, but they are now working...
But that leads me to more problems...

For any others that might have a problem w/ FreeBSD, try setting the
referer_check to 0
'session.referer_check = 0'

Once I changed that things seem to be working, ie. I can get a simple count
script to run with no probs, but here is where I come across a new problem.
This script works fine (it counts as I reload it):
<?php
session_start();
session_register('counter');
$counter++;
echo("You have visited this page $counter times.");
?>

What I am wanting to run on the site is a shopping cart app (along with some
other scripts that utilize sessions) that I wrote myself.  Everything works
fine on my home linux box, but doesn't seem to be working on the FreeBSD
box.  Maybe I am just not using sessions properly, but it is bugging me
because it works on the linux box...  Here's an example:

test.php:
<?php
session_start();
session_register('counter');
$counter++;
echo("You have visited this page $counter times.\n");
?>

test2.php:
<?php
session_start();
session_register('counter');
$counter++;
echo("You have visited this page $counter times.\n");
?>

Shouldn't this hold the same counter variable for both pages?  It works fine
on my linux box, but on the FreeBSD box, $counter is always 1.  I think that
if I could get something like this script working, then the shopping cart
would also work.  Sorry for the long message!  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Jeff