Hi all

I am building a simple web based mail app. I tried to contact my mail server
using imap_open() but all I got was this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_open() in d:\....... on line
15

I got in touch with my provider who replied:

    IMAP support was not compiled into the
    Windows version of PHP.  Unfortunately,
    compiling it by hand is very difficult.
    It requires having Microsoft Visual C++, along
    with a bunch of other tools.  So...it looks like
    you'll need to use another method to view mail.
    Sorry for the bad news.

I thought imap functionality was in a dll which can be loaded dynamically:
  dl("php_imap.dll");
  imap_open("a","u","p");

Can anyone please enlighten me? Is it built in? They use PHP 4.1.1.

Malcolm