Hi everyone!

I'm trying to put  file names into variables which later I put into my
DB (MySQL) as text (only the filename and the extension).

I tried to use the upload format form before:
<form ENCTYPE=\"multipart/form-data\" ...>

<input type = FILE  name =\"file_name\"....>

When I retrived the value of the variables, I did not get the FILE NAME
and the file extension.
What I got is all the path of the file and the file name changed into
.TMP or some sort.

How do I retrived file names and it's extension in this situation?

note: The original file extensions that I want to get are mostly .jpg or
.gif.

thanks for reviewing my email.

regards,
Dani