On Monday 28 January 2002 20:52, Floyd Baker wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:20:05 +0800, you wrote:
> >On Monday 28 January 2002 14:27, you wrote:

> >2) session.save_path = c:/tmp, I don't use PHP on Windows, but looking at
> > the other settings, paths for Windows systems are specified with a
> > backslash. Try
> >
> >  session.save_path = c:\tmp

> Refreshing was what I was doing in the original single page, but it
> wasn't working.  I went to two pages to try and help show what was
> going on.  Still reloading doesn't help.  Neither does the dos slash
> reversal.  I thought that might be going to do it for a while, but
> nothing.  :-<

But you *do* have a c:\tmp directory  ?

This is where php will store the session info and if it doesn't find that
directory your sessions stuff wouldn't work.

> I only listed the *un* rem'ed lines of the ini session portion.  Is it
> possible I need to remove a rem on one of those that were rem'ed?
> It's a vanilla 'suggested' ini.

If it were the vanilla 'suggested' ini as per the standard php distribution
then it *should* work, as those are more or less the same settings that I use
myself (but under Linux).

> Or maybe an error log I can look at?  Can such a report be created?

Yes, in php.ini,

log_errors = On
error_log = c:\tmp\php-error.log

Don't forget to restart your webserver or whatever.

/*
 "I've finally learned what `upward compatible' means.  It means we
  get to keep all our old mistakes."
 -- Dennie van Tassel
*/