On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:10:14 +0000, you wrote:

>Could someone please email me and tell me how to split a string into
>different arrays

<?
        /* this is our start string */
        $str = "this:is:a:test:string";

        /* split accepts a regular expression and a string, and
returns an array */
        /* we could also use preg_split() or explode() */
        $arr = split(':', $str);

        /* for each element of $arr */
        for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($arr); $i++) {
                /* display element */
                echo($arr[$i]);
                echo('<br>');
        }

        /* I know it's weird, but use sizeof() for arrays, and
strlen() for strings */

        echo('$arr has ' . sizeof($arr) . ' elements<br>');

        echo('$str has ' . strlen($str) . ' characters<br>');

?>

>and save what they were split on?

Not sure what this means.

>Also I cant get the sizeof function to work no matter what syntax i use, i
>think ive tried them all, do you have to include a library or something in
>your program to make it work?

If the above doesn't work, then maybe there's something wrong with
your install.

djo