Hi guys,

I am trying to force a int to be 8 digits. If it is only 3 dig filling the
first ones with 0.

Anyhow I tryed it with type casting, but it does not matter what I try, I
always get an addition.

E.g:
  $member_id is: 136
   should be: 00000136

Here is the code, which is still returning 136:

   for($i=0;$i<count($member_id);$i++){
       $length = strlen($member_id[$i]);

        settype ($member_id[$i], "string");
        $zero = '0';
        settype ($zero, "string");

        $member_id[$i] = $zero + $member_id[$i];
        echo $member_id[$i];
   }

Does anybody know how to solve this thing??

Thanx Andy