Please Cc: me -- I can't keep up with anything like the full volume
of PHP-General any more and have only lurked for quite some time :-(

I'm consistently seeing file uploads get only the trailing N bytes of
the file if the file is over a certain size.

This is on applications that worked flawlessly under previous
versions on the "old" ISP, but I had to start using
http://php.net/move_uploaded_file and working around/through safe
mode on the new ISP.

The limit does *NOT* seem to be a constant, but perhaps the ISP's
attempt to alter the File Upload Limit has affected this over time...

I guess I'm seeking reassurance that:

A) File upload not known to be broken
B) move_uploaded_file completely finishes and CLOSES a file before returning

The variance in the amount of data succesfully acquired "feels" like
move_uploaded_file is leaving the file open, and then I fopen() it,
and get the latter half of the file due to file-pointer cross-wiring
or something.

Here is the top bit of phpinfo():
PHP Version 4.2.0-dev

System  OpenBSD o2 2.9 conf#0 i386
Build Date      Jan 29 2002 15:56:06
Configure Command        './configure'
'--with-apache=../apache_1.3.22'
'--with-config-file-path=/var/www/conf' '--enable-trans-sid'
'--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--with-openssl' '--with-gd'
'--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib'
'--with-tiff-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/include'
'--with-mysql' '--with-pdflib' '--with-mcrypt'
'--with-pgsql=/usr/local'
Server API      Apache
Virtual Directory Support       disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path       /var/www/conf/php.ini
ZEND_DEBUG      disabled
Thread Safety   disabled
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2002 Zend Technologies
--
Got Music? http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm