From: Scott Fletcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 2:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Can anyone jog my memory on HTTP_REFERER & Javascript
"location:replace"?

Hi!

    I had found a way around the problem and it work, but when I enabled the
web security features, it messed up.  So, with some debugging and I found
the problem and I'm not sure how to find a way around it.  You see ....

    I use page1.php to do certain features but the problem is that PHP
execution get done before the file (non-PHP programming) in passthru('...')
get done later.  So, I can't get the result before PHP finish executing.
There, I came up with the Javascript where the non-PHP scripting can spit
out the Javascript code and the Javascript take care of it.  It work so
well.  To my dismay, the PHP pick up the HTTP_REFERER doesn't work because
HTTP_REFERER was all blank when Javascript use "location.replace('');" code.
So, it messed up the webpage.  Is there a way to get the HTTP_REFERER code?
Or a different Javascript code?  I mean there's no way to get the PHP
execution to pause while the non-PHP programming get done first.  Is there?

Thanks,
 Scott

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.