Perhaps a better way of wording my question would have been to say this:

At the moment, I can make seperate users, the do not have
permission to create tables in other databases, but the can
still browse them and view the information.

Any the example I used for the named.conf was a bad one.
They cannot delete this, but they can view it's contents.  How
can I restrict all PHP functions to
the one directory?  So if a user makes a file like this:
<?
include ("../../../../../../../../../etc/eXtremail/eXtremail.conf");
?>

Instead of printing the conf file the SMTP password in it,
it'll return an error.

I've read the docs, but to no avail.

Thanks,
Liam