More info on my latest issue regarding the integrating of xml and php for
dynamic xml documents

Thanks for help, could use another assist if you have a moment.  When I used
the method of using the application it worked only the output is text not
xml, ie it does update the dynamic information but formats it as text so I
reverted back to the previous configuration of the line in the httpd.conf
file which is

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
    </IfModule>

Now as I thought about this, there must be something that tells php that
it's default type is text/html for output.  I perused the php.ini file and
low and behold I find something:

; As of 4.0b4, PHP always outputs a character encoding by default in
; the Content-type: header.  To disable sending of the charset, simply
; set it to be empty.
;
; PHP's built-in default is text/html
default_mimetype = "text/xml"   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<I
changed this to xml,

now my xml works but of course I've now broke html formating.  (I need both
of course)

Surely there is someway to tell either with an xml header or something
within the beginning of a file which at this point could be either xml or
php, really doesn't matter. I must be able to tell php either by content, or
by location or something what format the file is to be displayed in so it
works.

Any ideas?