You can convert the time into seconds using mktime(), subtract one from
the other, and then reformat it using gmstrftime:

//int mktime ( int hour, int minute, int second, int month, int day, int
year [, int is_dst])
//string gmstrftime ( string format [, int timestamp])
<?
        $time1 = mktime (0,0,0,12,32,1997);
        $time2 = mktime (0,0,0,12,31,1995);
        $dif = $time1 - $time2;
        $new_time = gmstrftime("%b %d %Y", $dif);

        echo "$time1<br>";
        echo "$time2<br>";
        echo "$dif<br>";
        echo "$new_time<br>";
?>
The output looks like this:
        883641600
        820396800
        63244800
        Jan 03 1972

Of course you will have to get the date out of the current format you
have it, but that shouldn't be too hard using explode() and implode();

Steven J. Walker
Walker Effects
www.walkereffects.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]