On Saturday 23 February 2002 14:43, jtjohnston wrote:
> OK. I use:
>
>  while ($mydata = mysql_fetch_object($news))
>  {
>  $authors = explode(";", $mydata->AS);
>  }
>
> Then why "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()"

Have you checked that $authors is indeed an array? Try print_r($authors), if
you see an Array printed then you're OK, anything else then $authors is not
an array hence your foreach loop fails. Also what does a typical 'AS' field
look like?

> Am I indeed building an array as I go through my database?

As it stands your code will only get the last set of $authors. Your while
loop is not adding to $authors, it is replacing it each time through the
loop. Thus you'll end up with whatever is in the last row of the results.

As someone already suggested, you could use:

 array_push($authors, explode(";", $mydata->AS));

/*
It's not the men in my life, but the life in my men that counts.
                -- Mae West
*/