Hi,

Consider yourself lucky - my hosting company is still using 3.0.16.  Even
though at least once a month I complain about this bitterly (the client has
already paid several years in advance so moving is not in the cards).

They tell me that there are major security issues with PHP version 4 and
that's why they have not upgraded yet.  My question is, if this is the case
- why are there a great number of ISP's and individuals using version 4 if
there are so many security issues?

I can understand the point that alot of the hosting companies online
management systems were all written in PHP3 - but you'd think they would
keep their stuff on a separate server from client pages.

It just makes it difficult when there are new and improved features that
either cannot be utilized at all - or at least not without pages and pages
of work arounds.