        From:  Dave [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:  27 February 2002 04:37
        To:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:  Sessions and switching between php and htm documents

        login.htm
                form submits information

        login.php
                session_start();
                $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["username"]=$formUserName;
                header("Location: displaypage.htm");

        displaypage.htm
                show some static stuff
                links to formpage.htm

        formpage.htm
                form submits information to form.php

        form.php
                session_start();
                echo $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["username"];  <-  has no value

        Does the chain of pages have to be continually PHP pages to allow
the transition
        of the session variables?  if not, any ideas on why we are losing
session
        variables?

        Dave