and Nick Wilson opined in what could be seen to be an arrogant
fashion...
> * and then DL Neil declared....
> > > masterfile.inc lives in /var/www/includes/ and contains this line:
> > > include("/var/www/includes/anotherfile.inc");
> > >
> > > in index.php I include masterfile.inc and thus get
anotherfile.inc.

> > > What I'd like to know though is, is it possible to have the
include
> > line
> > > in masterfile.inc specify a url *relative* to itself?
> > > like:
> > > // masterfile.inc
> > > include("anotherfile.inc"); // now the path is relative.
> >

> > AFAIK the options are absolute addressing, relative addressing (to
the
> > php.ini), and http access.
> >
> > RTFM the four pages from
> > http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.require.php. There's quite a
bit
> > of advice/experience in the user annotations!
>
> Please don't RTFM me, that's the first place I went. I didn't find
what
> I'm looking for so I came here.

It's a two-way street: please tell us what you have done so that we
don't waste our time trying to help you with 'basic' suggestions when
you're looking for 'the next step up'. Particularly if your enquiry is
basically the hope that the (good quality/fine) manual doesn't mention
something - a most unlikely scenario.
=dn