On Wednesday, March 6, 2002, at 12:13  PM, Kris Vose wrote:

> I have a problem with reading the contents of $r[1] into a string
> called = $mail.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Kris Vose
>

> if ($czero != "")
> {
>
> $t = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM AddExisting");

$t is now a resource variable, not an array. If you want to know the
number of rows returned
use mysql_num_rows($t) not count($t)

> $number_of_customers = count($t);
>
> while($r = mysql_fetch_array($t))

Note: you'll loop through this section $number_of_customer times,
pulling one table row into $r
each time through.

> {
> extract($r);

Why are you using extract here?

>   for ($i = 0; $i<$number_of_customers; $i++)

You're looping through $number_of_customers columns on each row in the
table. Is this what you want?  Is your table really $number_of_customers
wide?

>   {
>     echo $r[1].", ";
Do you mean $r[$i] ?
>   }
>
> }

Now you've dropped out of both loops. $r will be holding the last row
you retrieved from the database table.

> $mail = ' ';
> foreach($r[1] as $mailline)

$r[1] is not an array here. What are you trying to do?