Bogdan,

Thank you for your comment, it actually made me think of a possible solution
for something else I am working on.  However, it is just as I thought, I am
being too vague.  I am most likely making my whole situation more
complicated than I need.  Another idea is just to do a "select *" and run
the whole shebang through an IF/ELSE series to determine which headers are
being used.  However, to remain on my current train of thought, here is a
snippet of my code:

  include("inc/dbconnect.inc");
  $sql = "select columns from tablename where id=$someid";
  $sqlresult = mysql_query($sql, $connection) or die("Couldn't execute
query. (7)");
  $columns_array = explode(",", $sqlresults['columns']);
  while (list($col) = each($columns_array)) {
 $sql = "select coltitle from FreudColumns where colid='$col'";
    $result = mysql_query($sql, $connection) or die("Couldn't execute query.
(12)");
 $ch = mysql_fetch_array($result);
 // Set the column headers
 $headers .= "<TH CLASS=\"hlink\">$ch['coltitle']</TH>";
    // Set the item variables
 $setitemvar .= "\$$col = \$isr['$col'];";
    // Set the measurement columns
 $setitem .= "<TD CLASS=\"\$itemclass\">\$$col</TD>";
  }
Afterwhich I write $headers to a file, $setitemvar to a file, $setitem to a
file and call the page that is supposed to include these files I have just
writed so that the PHP code that I have just dynamically written will then
execute and the variables will be replaced.

Does this make any more sense?

Thank you,
Jonathan Duncan

"Bogdan Stancescu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> I don't quite understand why you chose such a complicated solution - I
> may be missing something, in which case sorry for wasting your time. But
> why don't you just dynamically build the select statement and then use
> the <whatever>_fetch_array() -- and walk that array instead?
>
> Just my 2c
>
> Bogdan
>
> Jonathan Duncan wrote:
>
> >I am trying to figure out a way to dynamically create some lines of PHP
code
> >and then have it executed.  This is because I want a page to display
> >different columns in a table depending on whatever link is clicked.
There