This is sort of a weird question as it seemingly involves both physical
theft and virtual theft.....  But here goes:

1) How do script kiddies find you?
If you have a public IP address, and you are not protected behind a
firewall, you will be probed by scripts.  How do they find you?  By port
scanning large ranges of IP addresses.  They often scan all the RoadRunner
ips... So they start in 24.x.x.1 range and work through all of them testing
out common ports (http, ftp, ssh, etc).  Then, if the script finds an open
port, it will test out an exploit (or a series of known exploits).  For
example, FTP usually runs on port 21.... If the script finds an open port
21, on a RedHat 6.0 box, it may try the remote root exploit of the ftp
daemon (wuftpd).  If that doesn't work, it just moves onto the next one.

If you are running a private apache server, and you don't want the public to
see it, then it is time to learn about firewalls.

2) broadcasting your ip
Your questions are odd here.... But yes, you can often learn a fair bit
about an IP.  Do a reverse dns lookup on a university campus and you can
often find a lot.... Maybe seat13.mathlab.university.edu.

Also, you can find out a lot from what Apache sends in the headers...
Example: Apache/1.3.0 (Unix) PHP/3.0 MyMod/1.2

So, if I check out your server, and see that you are running PHP 4.06 on
linux or solaris, a hacker could try the multipart/form-data exploit with a
broken boundary check (http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/012002.html).

There is a setting in Apache to limit this information in the headers so
that you do not reveal what kind of OS you are running and what version of
PHP and Apache you are running... I suppose this could help in limiting
exploits..... Although, keeping up-to-date with versions, patches, and
security alerts is a better solution.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#servertokens

Sam