In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, evan@coeus-
group.com says...
> Warning:  Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/local/lib/php/DL/libpdf_php.so' - File not found in
> /home/xxxxxxx/page.php on line 6
> Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  pdf_new() in
> /home/xxxxxxx/page.php on line 11
>
> [xxxxxxx@xxxxx php-4.1.0]$ ls -Al /usr/local/lib/php/DL/libpdf_php.so
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 xxxxxxx  users          65 Mar 11 18:00
> /usr/local/lib/php/DL/libpdf_php.so ->
> /home/xxxxxxx/pdflib-4.0.2-Linux/bind/php/php-4.1.0/libpdf_php.so*
>

> Summary - Put a symlink to libpdf in the extensions_dir (symlink isn't the
> issue- I tried just putting the libpdf_php.so there too). The file exists.
>
> As soon as I use dl("libpdf_php.so"), I get an error that says it couldn't
> find '/usr/local/lib/php/DL/libpdf_php.so', which IS THERE!!!
>
> If you're not willing to help me, do it for the server- it's going to get
> blown up soon if this keeps up! ;)
>
> BTW PHP/4.1.2, Linux

Check the following entries in your php.ini - or fire up phpinfo - to
ensure that you have your modules where PHP expects to find them.

; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = ./

; Whether or not to enable the dl() function.  The dl() function does NOT
work
; properly in multithreaded servers, such as IIS or Zeus, and is
automatically
; disabled on them.
enable_dl = On

Also this snippet from the config section of the manual is relevant:

Extension Loading Directives

enable_dl boolean
This directive is really only useful in the Apache module version of PHP.
You can turn dynamic loading of PHP extensions with dl() on and off per
virtual server or per directory.

The main reason for turning dynamic loading off is security. With dynamic
restrictions.

The default is to allow dynamic loading, except when using safe-mode. In
safe-mode, it's always imposible to use dl().

extension_dir string
In what directory PHP should look for dynamically loadable extensions.

extension string
Which dynamically loadable extensions to load when PHP starts up.

--
David Robley
Temporary Kiwi!

Quod subigo farinam