At 15.03.2002  17:28, you wrote:

>I am using php,mysql,apache combination on a linux machine.
>
>I used the INSTALL file available in php-4.0.6.tar to install PHP in
>static mode.
>
>Compilations and Installation go on fine with no errors.
>
>But when a test.php script containing:
><? phpinfo(); ?>
>is executed, only the HTML tags are interpreted. There is no output for
>phpinfo().
>The php.ini file is located in /usr/local/lib
>The httpd.conf is present in /www/conf
>The apache version used is apache_1.3.23

Check out, what filename you have, here´s an exerpt from my
httpd.conf.
maybe yours has not the correct endings defined
(As I work for several servers, nearly every ending will be parsed)

  <IfDefine PHP>
     AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
     AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
     AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml
     AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .htmls
     AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .html
     AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php