I wonder whether this is possible?

I would like to format a text input so that the first letter of the input (as
the user is typing it in) would automatically be converted to Uppercase
(capitals). Furthermore, if it is possible, I would like to pre-format the
date "input type=text" so that only numbers or dashes could be entered. I
really enjoyted this capablity in Paradox PAL language.

Does anything exist that would allow me to do this in PHP?

An example:

Code

Screen (and into database)
Surname: black   >> would be converted as they type to >> Surname: Black

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tia,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the suffering souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!

For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/