On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Andrey Hristov wrote:

AH>If it is possible do the sorting in the SQL statement by using ORDER BY. SQL
sorting is much faster than in PHP.
AH>However

I have gone through that manual already....but i need to sort by php
sorting.

AH>while ($row= mysql_fetch_assoc($res)){ $rows[] = $row; }

I have tried this but while sorting using php sort it is displaying array
only.If the elements are stored in the array properly i can perform
sorting.

please tell me how to extract a specific field from mysql database and
store it in array...