On Tuesday 19 March 2002 23:29, you wrote:

> Should I change session.save_path?  I have no idea of the ramifications of
> doing that, therefore I am not touching it unless someone says so.

The error message is quite explicit.

As a quick fix and to confirm whether that is the problem:

Check what "session.save_path" is set to and set whatever directory that is
to be world read/writeable.

> As for permission denied, I am barely wet around the ears (or something)
> when it comes to permission setting.  I am not sure what to set to allow
> who to access what.

I'm not sure how W2K (that's what you're using?) runs the webserver. In Linux
one would set the directory to be accessible by the user running the
webserver.

/*
"When the going gets tough, the tough get empirical."
                -- Jon Carroll
*/