From: Alexander Skwar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 2:52 PM
To: Drew Lopucki
Cc: Leif K-Brooks; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Anybody have a function to encode a string?

ğDrew LopuckiĞ sagte am 2002-03-19 um 10:25:02 -0500 :
> Lots of people will tell you to use PGP.  However since PGP is not *free*,
> in that you cannot use it for commercial purposes without a license, I
avoid
> it.  Also it has to be downloaded and installed as most systems do not

Well, use GnuPG.  Then you can use "PGP".  And what you stated above is
also plain wrong.  You might need some sort of license for the more
obscure uses (like VPN and thus), but for encryption, PGP is freely
available.  And lastly, even if you were willing to pay money, I would
not recommend PGP to anyone, as NA has stopped developing PGP and is
trying to sell it.  PGP is dead - long live GnuPG!

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:       http://www.iso-top.de      |     Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]