I think the point here is that it be made clear to those who might get
confused that the javascript (unless it's a server-side script) is running in
a browser and as such there is no way for the server to 'make a call to it by
URL.'  The Javascript can call the server but the server-side PHP script
cannot call the client.  Therefore, no PHP script can 'call' a javascript
function.