Hey all,

I'm working on porting a php app to freebsd.  However, there is a problem.
;)

in linux you can parse /proc/net/dev for all network statistics and make a
call to free for available memory.  How could you do the same thing in
freebsd?

I have looked at "netstat -b -p ip -I ed0" but that outputs a huge page and
you have to grep for a line just to get close.  This means for each bit of
info you have to make multiple calls or store the entire return which is a
pain in the but.

I can't believe that freebsd wouldn't offer a better solution to this.  what
were they thinking?

any help greatly appreciated,

chuck