Even if you can't get, or don't want to bother getting, PHP as a
standalone CGI type program, you can still execute via crontab.  Make a
web page that you want to have run, then put something along the lines
of:

   lynx http://localhost/scriptname.php

as the command in the crontab file.  Do note, you'll likely need to take
steps to protect the script from being run by people you don't want
touching it.  You could use SSL, cookies and REMOTE_ADDR, among other
things to accomplish that.

--Dan

--
                PHP scripts that make your job easier