Hello all, I have a little problem with encodings with libxml2 resp. domxml
in php.

In our site we're storing articles as XML, ISO-8859-1 encoded (indicated in
xml-header). Libxml2 is doing all the internal processing in UTF-8, so the
article gets translated to UTF-8. But when I do an xmltree() on the article,
all output of libxml is in UTF-8, too, and it's really ugly to read german
umlauts in UTF-8 in a browser displaying all as ISO-8859-1.
Is there any way (other than manually do utf8_decode on every part of the
output, which is _very_ ugly and annoying) to tell php or libxml to output
things in UTF-8?

We're using Debian Woody, php4-4.1.2-1, libxml2-2.4.16-2,
php4-domxml4.1.2-1.

--
Lukas