From: Kai Schaetzl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] what's "undefined index" ?

Your message of Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:35:57 +1100:

> "undefined variable" is when you try to use a variable before you set it,
eg
> $foobar
> "undefined index" is when you try to reference an array index before you
set
> it, eg $foobar[10]

Hi, thank you both for the explanation. It's clear why I get the
"undefined",
these variables *are* for various reasons undefined at the moment. However,
there are NO arrays involved, f.i. "KundeRemark" is NOT an array it's a
simple
string variable created by

$KundeRemark       = stripslashes($val["KundeRemark"]);

which is a field from a SQL result which currently doesn't exist because I
changed the connection to a different db where this field is named
differently. So, it's undefined, fine. But why is it called "undefined
where it should be "undefined variable" ?

> Warning: Undefined index: KundeRemark in
>
> C:\Server\www\conadmin\admin-beta\lib\kunden_functions.inc on line
>
> 138

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany