On Tuesday, March 26, 2002, at 11:57  AM, Tony Crockford wrote:

> MySQL/PHP Database applications by Greenspan and Bulger  ISBN
> 0764535374
>
> Good book.
>
> Also has a 40 page chapter on how to build a shopping cart complete
> with design rationale and working code (on CD)

I thought this would have been a great book if it weren't for the
numerous errors in the code sections.  I highly recommend it if you know
PHP well enough to bang out a few forms and if you know MySQL well
enough to write some INSERT and SELECT statements -- if this is the case
then you will have no problem noticing the errors, and can use the book
as a guide to writing complex web applications.  In my case, though, I
started learning PHP with this book, and the frustration with code
errors drove me to return it to the store.

Erik

----

Erik Price
Web Developer Temp